CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:20:14 -0500
GSU Student Branch of IEEE

IEEE is the world's largest technical professional society, serving
professionals involved in all aspects of the electrical, electronic,
and computing fields. The Georgia State University student branch of
IEEE was founded in December 2010. The branch is run by students and
advised by faculty members from the Department of Computer Science.

The new branch will sponsor talks by invited speakers on the latest
topics in the field of engineering and computing technologies. The
branch will also offer workshops on such topics as robotics. Members
will receive other benefits as well, such as emailed announcements of
job opportunities.

The IEEE branch will augment the activities of the existing GSU student
chapter of the ACM, with a focus on engineering topics. Our events will
feature demonstrations and exhibits. We'll also hold some joint
activities with the ACM chapter.

Our first public event is scheduled for Wednesday, February 2, at 5:30
p.m. in the department conference room (34 Peachtree Street, room
1432). Dinesh Agarwal will be giving an overview of Drupal. (Dinesh
helped develop the Department of Computer Science web site.) The
meeting, which is open to all students, will include a discussion of
future IEEE branch activities. There will be free food and drink, plus
a chance to win a valuable door prize.

We encourage all CS majors to join our IEEE branch. Membership is free
during 2011. The application form is available at

http://tinyurl.com/gsuieee

For information about the branch and its upcoming events, please visit
http://ieee.cs.gsu.edu/. If you have any questions, please contact
Vice Chair Debraj De ([log in to unmask]).