Hello MS & PhD students,
Please remember to apply by the deadline of March 17th, 2023.
Also, please note that MS students can apply for the three graduate student awards. While it is true that the outstanding graduate student award is mainly for PhD students - as they have the accumulated achievements over five years - any graduate student, who has a current or past GTA and GRA, could also apply, as they are evaluated on the yearly-basis.
Regarding who should write a letter on behalf of a master's student, it can be your faculty thesis or project advisor OR your faculty supervisor for your GTA or GRA.
Graduate Student Awards
1. Graduate Teaching Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding teaching and related activities
- Students should submit their teaching portfolios for the course(s) taught in 2022 and any additional materials. See portfolio directions at http://hallertau.cs.gsu.edu/~mweeks/teaching_portfolio.html<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fhallertau.cs.gsu.edu%2F~mweeks%2Fteaching_portfolio.html&data=05%7C01%7Cjhayes14%40gsu.edu%7Cf61a75872c164d2383af08db18c69e6a%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C638131013608997379%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=JQM2y5VvS5%2Fl%2FI6FAQqGL8HUMoCotpXn2tZYKp2ufOU%3D&reserved=0>
2. Graduate Research Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding research
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work published/accepted for publication in 2022, and any additional materials (papers, reviews, conference/journal acceptance rate, impact factor, etc.).
3. Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Awarded to a senior graduate student with an outstanding body of research accomplishments over his/her stay at GSU along with supporting teaching and/ or service activities.
- Students within a year of graduation should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser, a curriculum vitae (CV), and any additional materials. All Ph.D. students who passed the proposal defense and slated for 2023 (SP23, SU23, FA23) graduation will be considered and should submit their CVs.
* Undergraduate awards: Each winner will receive a gift reward at the value of $100-$250 (such as air pod, voice assistants, etc. purchasable from Amazon)
* Graduate awards: Each winner will receive a stipend of $500
* Deadline: March 17th, 2023
* Nominations should be emailed to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (retaining this subject header). Self-nomination by students is encouraged. All application and nomination materials, including CV, the advisor's letter and any supporting materials, should be submitted in a single pdf file to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. The pdf file should be named award name_lname-fname (Ex. Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award_Chen-John.pdf). If applying for multiple awards, advisor's letters and submitted material should be award specific. You may update the application material until the deadline.