Dear Colleagues and CS Students,
The Honors and Awards Committee invites nominations and applications for
the following awards by Friday, Feb 26. Â
Sushil K. Prasad
Honors and Awards Committee Chair
1. Outstanding Senior Award: Awarded to an outstanding graduating senior.
- Faculty members should nominate candidates to Professor King.
2. Undergraduate Research Award: Awarded to undergraduate students who
have performed outstanding research.
- Faculty advisers should nominate their students to me briefly
describing the nature and significance of the research work (for
2009-10), and ask each nominee to email any additional material (poster,
paper, evaluations, etc).
3. Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Awarded to a senior graduate
student with an outstanding overall record of research, teaching and/or
- Faculty advisers should nominate their students to me by submitting a
nomination letter, nominee€™s curriculum vitae, and any additional
material (in one zip or scanned pdf file).
4. Graduate Teaching Award: Awarded to graduate students who have
performed outstanding teaching and related activities.
- Students should submit their teaching portfolios for course(s) taught
in 2009 and any additional material to Professor Weeks.
5. Graduate Research Award: Awarded to graduate students who have
performed outstanding research.
- Faculty advisers should nominate their students to me by submitting
(i) a nomination letter briefly describing student's project during
2009-10, significance of results, awards, etc.
(ii) indicate the amount of student's contribution for any co-authored
(iii) the standing/ranking of each paper's publication outlet for the
sub-area (such as among top two international conferences in
Each nominee should email me, in one zip or scanned pdf file, the
following and any additional information:
(i) copies of published/accepted papers since Jan 2009,
(ii) the review reports of each paper along with the numerical scores by
attaching the verbatim email received from the program committee chair
or editor, and
(iii) the acceptance rate for each publication outlet, obtainable from
program chair/editor, in the format "50 out of 350 submissions.