ASPHD_CSC Archives

PhD Student

ASPHD_CSC@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
PhD Student <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 16:26:54 -0400
Title: Applying Matching to Distributed Algorithms for Graph Problems

Time and Date: Thursday, May 12, 1230

Location: CS Department Conference Room

Abstract: Two outstanding issues in the development of distributed
algorithms are scalability and generality. For the former problem, many
algorithms have behavior that is dependent on the number of nodes in the
network, which is not optimal over large, sparse graphs. The latter
problem requires tailoring a new approach for every problem that must be
solved. He we propose a generic framework based on generalized maximal
matching that solves a variety of related problems, and analysis of what
type of problems our framework can solve, and a simulation system for
developing and testing algorithms.

--
J. Paul Daigle