2 positions on my team:
* Variant is looking for a Senior C++ Developer with a diverse background to help us achieve our mission: Reengineer trucking for good!
What you bring:
* Deep knowledge and experience of implementing and modelling complex algorithms (Graph, Simplex, Linear programming). Perform quality test and demonstrate correctness for same.
* Deep knowledge on usage of software design patterns and write maintainable and extensible code.
* Must have a good knowledge of working on Linux/Unix based environments. Good knowledge of using GNU tools to meet daily development needs.
* Able to analyze logs and visualize results. Knowledge of Python/R would be a Plus.
* Deep understanding of modern C++ (14/17) standards. Thorough and practical understanding of using C++ STL and Boost libraries.
* Experience on microservice architecture. Working knowledge on any C++ Microservice framework ex. POCO would be a plus.
* Good communication skill and team player.
* Transportation industry experience is plus
* Information Technology
If you hate restrictive job descriptions, have an appetite for growth, and love collaborating with diverse teams, Variant is the place for you. The ideal candidate will drive work around Mathematical Optimization, Machine Learning, Graph Algorithms, System Design and Architecture, and other critical work streams as we continue to grow (as well as a love for Transformers)!
* Coordinate gather & data requirements and translate them into explicit constraints for our model
* Research & design algorithms to solve problems across the organization touching the various parts of the business
* Implement & coordinate with the development team to translate the model into production code
* Come up with novel use cases for internal optimization products, and quickly develop prototypes to test these use cases
* Prepare presentations and documentation for leadership
* Master's in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or a related discipline required (PhD preferred).
* Industry experience solving large-scale optimization problems resource planning, routing, and scheduling optimization
* Familiarity with techniques including but are not limited to linear/mixed-integer programming, dynamic programming, heuristics, metaheuristics, etc.
* Proficiency in Object Oriented principles and design (with any major programming language e.g. Python, R, C++, Julia, Java) as well as the ability to implement, maintain, debug, and test
* Ability to create and maintain ETL tools for multiple data sources and types (structured/unstructured) to summarize/aggregate/clean data
* Demonstrate the ability to gather requirements from all stakeholders across the company and the ability to translate them into constraints
* Strong presentation & communication skills translating algorithmic details for technical and non-technical audiences
* Experience in agile software development conventions & tools such as version control (git), unit testing, jira, and confluence
Please send your resume to email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.