ASPHD_CSC Archives

PhD Student

ASPHD_CSC@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Tammie T Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PhD Student <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2020 18:31:34 +0000
Appending to last email regarding SHP insurance:
Thanks to CS grad student Bhashite, there is an important clarification regarding the PGO plan. Please see the note from Bhashite below.
Ashwin Ashok

------------
Dear sir,
Even though Dr. Armistead points out we can purchase PGO (I think its a typo because the document she is sharing has PGH policy only) is only for perimeter college students, not for Atlanta Campus students.

This is some excerpts from their email.
4.      I noticed that PGH Global is much cheaper compared to SHIP. Can I enroll in PGH Global instead of SHIP?

Please first determine if you are eligible for PGH Global:

GSU Atlanta Campus:
· All J-1 Academic Training (AT) students, J-1 visiting scholars, and J-1 exchange students, and F-1 OPT students who are NOT degree-seeking.
· All eligible dependents (legal spouse and/or dependent children under 26 years old) of students and visiting scholars enrolled in SHIP.
· F-1 students at the Atlanta Campus are not eligible to purchase PGH Global.

GSU Perimeter College:
· All F and J visa international students and international visiting scholars who are currently registered for classes.
· All eligible dependents (legal spouse and/or dependent children under 26 years old) of F and J students and visiting scholars who are enrolled in SHIP.
9.      I am an international student at GSU Perimeter College. Can I purchase insurance from another company and waive out?

PC students may only waive out with PGH Global or with an ACA compliant policy.

Note:  ESL students should enroll in PGH Global.

Ashwin Ashok

[https://mailfoogae.appspot.com/t?sender=aYXNod2luZWNlLmFzaG9rQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ%3D%3D&type=zerocontent&guid=97f41262-e0e7-4e39-ac86-e88200630730]ᐧ