ASPHD_CSC Archives

PhD Student

ASPHD_CSC@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Tammie T Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PhD Student <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2021 12:56:43 +0000
Cox Analytics Center of Excellence, under Executive Director of Analytics Dr. Tuba Aktaran-Kalayci(cc'd here), is hiring graduate students for several full-time and Internship roles over the next year. Please find the job description for these roles hereby.

We prefer Permanent Residents and Citizens for MS students, but Ph.D. students are welcome to apply otherwise as well. If anyone is interested, please send their resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> / [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. If anyone has any questions regarding the Data Scientist tole at Cox, I will also be happy to answer over the email

Data Scientist Job Description:
Data Scientist, Analytics Center of Excellence at Cox Communications

If you recently wrapped up your college experience and are ready to dive into a chance to flex your analytics muscles, Cox Communications is an ideal place to explore.  Right now, we're on the search for a recent graduate Data Scientist to join our Analytics Center of Excellence team.

This is a great chance to put your strong development, systems, and problem-solving skills to work, as you develop actionable insights and build advanced analytic solutions for Cox Communications' life of the business.    So, if you know your SQL from your Python, keep reading.  This may be a great next step on your ever-evolving career path.

What You'll Do

You'll get to work with a diverse team of experts, as well as working independently, so you'll need to be comfortable in both environments.  Here are just some of the responsibilities we'll look to you to tackle as a Data Scientist:

*       Research, interpret, manipulate, and enrich Cox Communications' structured and unstructured data assets to help our analytics hum.

*       Use foundational data science methodologies to find relationships/drivers of key metrics that will improve our customer experience, network performance, proactive labor routing, quality of service, or operating cost.  (You'll make us better.)

*       Build and maintain production software, processes, and functionalities as needed for analytics solution delivery.

What's In It For You?
Really good question and we have some good answers that we hope you like.

*   We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox's highly competitive pay plus other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.).  We also offer discounted Cox services (in specific Cox markets), tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance, and much more.

*   Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck.  The Cox culture values people more than technology, so it's our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions.  It's also important to work alongside colleagues who "get you."  At Cox, you'll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.

*   Growth is a good thing, and you'll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care, and new forms of transportation mobility.

Who You Are

A gig like Data Scientist requires someone who has some serious skills.  Here are the minimum qualifications for this opportunity, along with a couple of preferred achievements.

*       Strong programming skills in SQL and Python, or functionally similar programming languages

*       Proficiency and/or a sizable comfort zone with a variety of software/languages/tools

*       Familiarity with database technology such as Oracle, Hadoop/EMR, as well as experience in cloud-based data environments

*       Familiarity with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-learn

*       Familiarity with Tableau and PowerBI (or similar visualization tools).

*       An understanding of the mathematical and computational concepts behind advanced analytics algorithms and/or statistical analysis

*       Strong communication skills

Preferred:

*       Graduate degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or closely related field.

Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!