ASMS_CSC Archives

MS Student

ASMS_CSC@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
MS Student <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:17:53 -0500
Hello! My name is Jessica Fletcher and I work with the NYC Turing Fellows Program, based in New York City. I'm reaching out because I'd like to invite your students to apply for a unique, exclusive Fellowship that will provide exposure to the rapidly growing NYC ecosystem and the opportunity to meet  with some of the best entrepreneurs, founders, and technologists in the country.

NYC Turing Fellows is a summer internship program that matches top computer science, engineering and mathematics students with paid summer internships at (successful) NYC startups. The students have the opportunity to meet with some of the best entrepreneurs, founders, and technologists in the country, all in an effort to draw the nationís top tech talent to New Yorkís flourishing and well-funded tech scene.

The final application deadline is Feb. 1, 2012 (early deadline of 1/18) and students can apply here:www.nycturingfellows.org/apply  .

The program is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, FirstMark Capital and more.  It was founded last year by Warren Lee (Canaan Partners), Brian Hirsch (GSA Venture Partners), Mike Hudack (CEO and co-founder, Blip) and Brendan Dickinson (Canaan Partners).

Semi-finalists who are selected by the startups and successfully have a match for a summer internship will receive a $5,000 scholarship after completing the program. Almost 100% of last yearís interns were offered full-time positions upon completion.

Feel free to forward this note on to anyone else that you think may be a good contact in terms of getting the word out to appropriate students at your school. Iíve also included a Twitter and Facebook link below my signature that you can use to post out to students as if you are interested.

Feel free to call me or email with any questions. And check out the website:www.nycturingfellows.org  for more information.

Best,
Jessica

NYC Turing Fellows Program
817-707-8429

Twitter: DEADLINE: Have what it takes to land a top tech internship in NYC? Apply to be a 2012 #NYCTuring Fellow here:www.nycturingfellows.org/apply

Facebook: Spend the summer in NYC; intern with New Yorkís top tech startups, get paid $5,000, meet with the nationís best entrepreneurs, founders and technologists. Do you have what it takes to be a 2012 Turing Fellow? DEADLINE: Jan 18, 2012.www.nycturing