ASMS_CSC Archives

MS Student

ASMS_CSC@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender: MS Student <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:29:40 +0000
From: Tammie T Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
—————
Clarification regarding Research Opportunities for Graduate Students

Dear Students,

I had sent out a flyer advertising openings for different projects and I believe there has been some confusion among students. So let me clear that off:

Project 1:
There is no funding from the project itself. However, you will retain your TA funding from the department. You will receive all benefits as you receive as a TA. You will perform research on this project and you will be mentored by me. I will be your point of contact for end-of-semester feedback on your research efforts.

Project 2:
I have relaxed the requirements I had mentioned in my very first announcement. As long as you are motivated to work in a project that touches upon computer vision, natural language processing and cloud computing, it is good. Any experience in these areas and/or Android, MATLAB, C++,Python is a plus.
You will be funded as a GRA on this project. You will NOT need to do TA duties and will conduct research on this project and be mentored by me. I will be your point of contact for end-of-semester feedback on your research efforts.

General openings:
You will get an opportunity to work on a project topics that include IoT, Robotics, Wireless Communication etc. You will retain your TA and I will be your research mentor and point of contact for end-of-semester feedback on your research efforts.

General Note: Please DO NOT load yourself with 4 courses per semester. That is bad for research. Your continued funding is dependent on how good a feedback you received from a faculty advisor on your research. So you will HAVE TO find a research advisor in your first semester.

THE POSITIONS ARE STILL OPEN. PLEASE APPLY ASAP! IF YOU ARE IN CAMPUS YOU CAN DROP BY MY OFFICE TODAY BEFORE 5.30PM

———————

Ashwin Ashok
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Georgia State University