The call for nominations is extended to next Friday, February 26th, 2021.
From: Tammie T Dudley
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 2:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Call for Nominations! CS Department Awards 2021
One of the requirements for the graduate teaching award is to submit teaching evaluations. However, due to the pandemic, the Spring 2020 evaluations are unavailable.
So, please submit email messages or any other type of student feedback that you think is appropriate.
Let me know if you have any questions.
From: Tammie T Dudley
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 9:30 AM
To: MS Student <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>; [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Call for Nominations! CS Department Awards 2021
Dear CSC Students:
The Honors and Awards Committee invites nominations and applications for the following awards by February 22, 2021. Nominations should be emailed to csgrad2021@g<mailto:csgrad2021@g>mail.com (retaining this subject header). Self- nomination by students is encouraged.
All application and nomination material, including the advisor's letter, should be submitted in a single pdf file to csgrad2021@g<mailto:[log in to unmask]>mail.com. The pdf file should be named award name_lname-fname (Ex. Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award_Chen-John.pdf) If applying for multiple awards, advisor's letters and submitted material should be award specific. You may update the application material until the deadline.
Honors and Awards Committee Chair
1. Graduate Teaching Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding teaching and related activities.
- Students should submit their teaching portfolios for the course(s) taught in 2020 and any additional material.
See portfolio directions at https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http:%2F%2Fhallertau.cs.gsu.edu%2F~mweeks%2Fteaching_portfolio.html&data=02%7C01%7Ctdudley%40gsu.edu%7C1b15115c96b744a0341608d686119d98%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C636843807564142664&sdata=of6xTicSd6MBNFX1v6Vb3HuAYU8eXyMtbzqtiwRIcMM%3D&reserved=0<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http:%2F%2Fhallertau.cs.gsu.edu%2F~mweeks%2Fteaching_portfolio.html&data=04%7C01%7Ctdudley%40gsu.edu%7Ca0a7c5ad84194e6286a408d8d058505f%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C637488425027175105%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=dHbWYpbWhGBlrMVcWxExW%2BgGgaoANdfudcPY8z8U5cc%3D&reserved=0>
2. Graduate Research Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding research.
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work published/accepted for publication since Jan 2020, and any additional material (papers, reviews, conference/journal acceptance rate, etc).
3. Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Awarded to a senior graduate student with an outstanding body of research accomplishments over his/her stay at GSU along with supporting teaching and/ or service activities.
- Students within a year of graduation should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser, a curriculum vitae (CV), and any additional material. All Ph.D. students slated for 2021 (SP21, SU21, FA21) graduation will be considered and should submit their CVs.