Tue, 29 Oct 2019 19:01:09 +0000
Dear Grad Students,
Please follow the following steps to request CPT approval.
1. Share your internship details with your Academic Advisor and get approval. Ask your advisor to email his/her approval to DGS (Dr. Yingshu Li, [log in to unmask])
2. Contact Ms. Tammie Dudley to register for the CPT course CSC 8940.
3. Make sure you decline any type of Graduate Assistantship (GRA/GTA) in the same term as your CPT authorization.
4. Submit your CPT request in iStart (Input the DGS’s email for approval).
5. Email your Internship Offer Letter with the following information to DGS (Dr. Yingshu Li, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>). Such information will be input to iStart by DGS.
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* Degree Program:
* CSC8940 registered?: Yes (Number of credit hours ____) or No
* Maximum work hours per week (select one):
Part-time (20 hours or less) Full-time (21 hours or more)
* Company Name:
* Company Street Address:
* Company City:
* Company State:
* Company Zip Code:
* Start Date of Employment: (M/D/Y):
* End Date of Employment: (M/D/Y):
* Please explain how the employment is integral to student's curriculum (limit of 250 characters):
Please note iStart only allows the input of 250 characters, NOT 250 words!
If any of the above information is missing, your request may not be approved timely.
Yingshu Li, Ph.D.
Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Computer Science
Georgia State University