Hello CSc master’s and PhD students,
Please see the message below from University of West Georgia’s CS/Math Department Chair, Dr. Yoder.
I wanted to let you know that UWG is still looking to fill some adjunct positions for this fall semester. A synchronous online class and f2f classes are available. Details are below.
Could you forward this information onto your grad students. The grad student would need to have a Master's degree in CS or closely related field to be able to teach these.
CS 1301 - Computer Science I lab instructors - f2f and online synchronous
- F2F Carrollton campus - Tue Thu 12:30 - 1:45p Eastern time; expected enrollment: 30
- Online - Synchronous via Zoom - Tue Thu 12:30 - 1:45p Eastern time; expected enrollment: 20-30. The lab instructor will NOT need to come to campus to teach the online lab section.
- All lab instructors will need to participate in a virtual coordination meeting on Mondays 9a - 10:45a.
- A lead instructor creates all the lab exercises and the lab instructors guide students through the exercises. Lab instructors will also perform grading for labs, assignments/projects, and exams. The course is taught in Java and uses Eclipse.
- Pay to teach a lab is $3,600.
COMP 3300 - Application Development I - f2f with hyflex
- F2F Carrollton campus - Tue Thu 3:30 - 4:45p Eastern time. The course is offered in a hyflex format, so students can take it fully online with the lectures being recorded and posted for the online students. Enrollment will probably be split 50/50 between f2f and online students. Total expected enrollment: 10-12.
- This course introduces students to the effective practices, principles, and patterns of software development and testing. Taught in C#. This will be the first offering of this course so it will require some course development.
- Pay is $5,000 with masters and $6,000 with PhD.
For UWG, classes start on Wed, Aug 10th and finals end on Fri, Dec 9th.
If any of your grad students are interested, please have them contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Chair, Department of Computing and Mathematics
College of Arts, Culture, and Scientific Inquiry
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple Street, Carrollton, GA 30118
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>