Subject: Computer Science position vacancy
My name is Cliff Lewis and I'm the Director of Ag Programs for the GA Dept of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division. I am hiring for a new position. I have attached a copy of the vacancy announcement which is advertised on pgs. 30-31. I have also pasted the job description and qualifications below for convenience.
List of Job Duties
* Lead local data visioning and implementation strategies.
* Enrolling users.
* Provides technical support and coordination during SQL design, testing and use.
* Acts as a liaison between EPD IT engineers, data architects, programmers, and analysts.
* Implements and enforces standards and procedures to ensure data is managed consistently and properly integrated within the EPD APU data warehouse.
* Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures.
* Provides leadership to staff on all data projects and activities.
* Oversee maintenance of multiple datasets.
* Oversee the evaluation of datasets for consistency, completeness and accuracy.
* Manage the regular report running schedule and process.
* Develop process improvements for data management activities.
* Oversee the performance of data analysis using statistical tools.
* Present data management updates at internal and customer meetings.
Entry Job Qualification
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Geology or other natural or physical science or engineering field from an accredited college or university
Four years of professional experience in environmental protection.
One year of experience at a level equivalent to an Environmental Compliance Specialist 3 (RCP022) or position equivalent.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Preference may be given to applicants with:
* Coursework or certification in a field of Data and Database Management.
* Coursework in Computer Information.
* Experience in staff management, resource allocation, and results-oriented coordination and
communication to effectively achieve a program's data management objectives.
* Knowledge of database queries, theory and design.
* Knowledge about Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL.
* Knowledge of structured query language (SQL).
* General understanding of operating system.
* General understanding of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of a database.
* Prior experience in State and Federal environmental permitting and compliance programs and associated data management.
Cliff Lewis, Ag Programs Director
Georgia Dept. of Natural Resources
Environmental Protection Division
531 Main St., Suite D
Tifton, GA 31794
Office (229) 391-2400
For a list of Ag Water Use Permits by County:
1) click http://epd.georgia.gov/sites/epd.georgia.gov/files/related_files/site_page/Farm_Permit_Web_Inventory_List_06_14_2018.xlsx<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fepd.georgia.gov%2Fsites%2Fepd.georgia.gov%2Ffiles%2Frelated_files%2Fsite_page%2FFarm_Permit_Web_Inventory_List_06_14_2018.xlsx&data=02%7C01%7Ccao%40gsu.edu%7C69fa4e3ac5414508686908d5f7c72868%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C1%7C636687357599436244&sdata=Uglb6bNL82bOIn7wEWruxOMedurWJLmWz5op2qfNxAk%3D&reserved=0>
2) Open the Excel File