This is a friendly reminder that all application and nomination material is due on Friday, February 16, 2018.
From: Tammie T Dudley
Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 4:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Call for Nominations for Departmental Awards Due by February 16, 2018
Dear CSC Students:
The Honors and Awards Committee invites nominations and applications for the following awards by February 16, 2018. Nominations should be emailed to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (retaining this subject header). Self- nomination by students are encouraged.
All application and nomination material, including advisor's letter, should be submitted in a single pdf file to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> . The pdf file should be named award name_lname-fname (Ex. Outstanding Senior Award_Chen-John.pdf) If applying for multiple awards, advisor's letters and submitted material should be award specific. You may update application material until the deadline.
Honors and Awards Committee Chair
1. Outstanding Senior Award: Awarded to an outstanding graduating senior.
- All those who have GPA 3.5 will be considered.
2. Undergraduate Research Award: Awarded to an undergraduate student who has performed outstanding research.
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work since Jan 2017, and any additional material (paper, project report, etc.).
3. Service Award: Awarded to undergraduate or graduate student who has performed outstanding service activities.
- Apply by briefly describing the nature and significance of the service activities since Jan 2017, with any supporting material.
4. Graduate Teaching Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding teaching and related activities.
- Students should submit their teaching portfolios for course(s) taught in 2017 and any additional material. See portfolio directions at http://carmaux.cs.gsu.edu/~mweeks/teaching_portfolio.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http:%2f%2fcarmaux.cs.gsu.edu%2f~mweeks%2fteaching_portfolio.html&data=01%7C01%7Ctdudley%40gsu.edu%7C14f38abccbed434c1d2208d32d9e6f08%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0&sdata=YfY%2bWfhBKQruNgMBX0iUn8QPAxOnpCeFsm5h2MMrWcU%3d>
5. Graduate Research Award: Awarded to graduate students who have performed outstanding research.
- Students should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser briefly describing the nature and significance of the research work published/accepted for publication since Jan 2017, and any additional material (papers, reviews, conference/journal acceptance rate, etc).
6. Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Awarded to a senior graduate student with an outstanding body of research accomplishments over his/her stay at GSU along with supporting teaching and/ or service activities.
- Students within a year of graduation should apply by submitting a supporting letter by Faculty Adviser, a curriculum vitae (CV), and any additional material. All PhD students slated for 2018 (SP18, SU18, FA18) graduation will be considered and should submit their CVs.