ANTHROPOLOGY-GRADUATE-STUDENTS Archives

Anthropology Graduate Students

ANTHROPOLOGY-GRADUATE-STUDENTS@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 22:22:27 +0000
From: Jennifer J Patico <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Anthropology Graduate Students <[log in to unmask]>
Hi everyone,

Some of you have seen this already on social media, but David Graeber died this week. To my mind, it's not an exaggeration to say that he was perhaps the most influential and generative cultural anthropologist alive, even if not a household name. I recall too that when our students such as Robbie Finch and David Cook emailed him to rap about anthropology, he answered them. Some of you read his Bullshit Jobs in Seminar last year, and many of my students have read his Towards a Theory of Value in my classes over the years. RIP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/04/books/david-graeber-dead.amp.html

Jennifer Patico
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Anthropology