ANTHROPOLOGY-GRADUATE-STUDENTS Archives

Anthropology Graduate Students

ANTHROPOLOGY-GRADUATE-STUDENTS@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Anthropology Graduate Students <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Steven Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2021 14:29:50 +0000
Dear all,
Soon, those of you in your first semester should be receiving an email from me with information about who your assigned faculty mentor will be. This is a new program we a trying out in which new students are paired with a faculty member to provide guidance to the student in addition to what students receive from the grad director. This faculty mentor MAY become your thesis chair/ capstone advisor but THIS IS NOT REQUIRED. Rather, the faculty mentor is supposed to be someone who can help students along UNTIL the student chooses a thesis chair/ capstone advisor (usually by the end of the second semester). I apologize to second semester students who were not assigned a mentor last semester. Hopefully you are nearing a point where you are choosing a thesis chair or capstone advisor now! All, please let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Take care,
Dr. Black
*Graduate student forms can be found HERE<https://cas.gsu.edu/academics-admissions/required-milestones/>*