ANTHROPOLOGY-GRADUATE-STUDENTS Archives

Anthropology Graduate Students

ANTHROPOLOGY-GRADUATE-STUDENTS@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Anthropology Graduate Students <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Steven Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:10:25 +0000
Dear all,
Looking through some of your records (particularly new students), I’ve noticed that some of you are enrolled in four courses for the Fall. This is NOT recommended. 9 credit hours, or three courses, is the standard course-load (plus or minus one or two). If you are hired as a graduate assistant and you need to be enrolled in 12 credit hours, we have a “filler” course, non-thesis research, that we use to get you up to 12 credit hours. If you take more than 3 courses per semester you will finish the program in less than 2 years, which may seem like a great idea but will make it difficult if not impossible to complete a thesis.
Take care,
Dr. Black