ANTHROPOLOGY-GRADUATE-STUDENTS Archives

Anthropology Graduate Students

ANTHROPOLOGY-GRADUATE-STUDENTS@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Anthropology Graduate Students <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Steven Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 2020 15:30:28 +0000
Hello all,
Happy holidays! I’ve gotten some queries about course selection for next semester that make me think I ought to email all of you with some information. So here we go:

  1.  When it comes to course selection, I am considered your advisor until you select a thesis chair/ capstone advisor. After that, it’s me and that other faculty advisor together.
  2.  Always try to take care of required courses when they are available, ideally during your first two semesters as a full-time student.
  3.  Next semester, Anthropological Theory and Praxis is being offered. This is a required course. ALL first year students (first or second semester) must enroll in this course unless you have a strong justification for doing otherwise.
  4.  If you are looking for another course, consider Primate Behavioral Ecology! We are hoping to fill more seats in that class. Also, the methods in bioanth course is being offered next semester.

Take care,
Dr. Black