ASPHD_CSC Archives

PhD Student

ASPHD_CSC@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
PhD Student <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Tammie T Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2017 14:43:41 +0000
TEXAS LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY
1000 W. Court St., Seguin, TX 78155

Position Announcement

Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Information Systems

Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in the Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Information Systems to begin August 2018. We seek a colleague whose interests complement and enhance our existing activities, who is a gifted and dedicated educator able to cover a wide array of courses in the majors (CS and IS), and whose interests will provide undergraduate research opportunities.

Requirements for the position include:
*	Ph.D. in computer science or information systems, or a Ph.D. in a closely-related field with significant graduate coursework in computer science or information systems (ABD considered with assurance of completion no later than August 2018)
*	 Evidence of excellence and innovation in teaching undergraduate computer science and/or information systems students at the introductory and advanced level
*	Effective oral and written communication skills
*	Commitment to university/community service, outreach, and continued professional development
*	Commitment to attracting and retaining students from traditionally-underrepresented groups
*	Understanding and support of the mission of Texas Lutheran University

In our consideration, preference will be given to candidates with interests in the following areas: data analytics, data mining , data structures and algorithms,  software engineering, databases, computer networks and security, web development, and e-commerce.  Outstanding candidates in other areas will be considered.

The TLU Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Information Systems offers the B.A. and B.S. in computer science, the B.S. in information systems, and minors in both areas. Our department has a new Masters of Data Analytics program offered jointly with the Department of Business and Economics.

The majority of our undergraduates pursue careers in industry, and our curriculum is designed to provide a broad foundation for the students. The department averages 40-50 majors, and all majors are required to complete an independent, faculty-mentored senior project. Information about our programs can be found at www.tlu.edu/computer-science and www.tlu.edu/information-systems.

Salary is competitive, with excellent benefits. Texas Lutheran University is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The ELCA's 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic freedom while preparing women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution.  The City of Seguin is situated ideally near both San Antonio (35 miles) and Austin (55 miles). For more information, consult our website at www.tlu.edu.

Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria, a current curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement detailing how your research interests will engage undergraduate students, and contact information for three professional references (names, addresses, email, and telephone numbers). Please also arrange to have three professional letters of reference submitted separately. At least one of the letters should specifically address the candidate's teaching experience. Single-file, electronic submissions are preferred.

Please send your submissions to

	Dr. Reza Abbasian
	Chair, Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Information Systems
	Texas Lutheran University
	1000 W. Court St.
	Seguin, TX  78155
	Phone: (830) 372-6012	Email: [log in to unmask]

Review of applications will begin October 15, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a "Great College to Work For" by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.