This position provides GIS application development and support to Alabama Power, Mississippi Power, Gulf Power and Georgia Power companies. This is a technical position responsible for implementation and support of Enterprise GIS at Southern Company.
JOB DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include development and ongoing support of ESRI's ArcGIS Telvent's ARCFM and Southern Company's custom ArcFM extensions. Responsibilities also include assisting team members and vendors with analysis, documentation, and testing of changes to the GIS application environment. The successful candidate will work in a team environment that includes IT team members, management, and customers to identify and develop effective GIS solutions to meet business requirements.
BS in Computer Science or Engineering degree strongly preferred
3 to 5 years experience with GIS application development and support-preferred
* Candidate must have 3 years of programming experience with knowledge of n-tiered application architecture, relational databases and object oriented programming.
* Experience with C# or other object oriented programming language required.
* Experience with Oracle and SQL preferred.
* Experience with web based application development is preferred
* Working experience of ESRI's object model and Telvent's ArcFM product desired.
* Experience in the utility industry is preferred.
* Experience with Python is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills& Abilities:
Candidate must be able to build and effectively manage personal relationships within a large IT organization as well as multiple vendors.
* Candidate must be able to manage production support and project related activities simultaneously.
* Candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with a team.
* Candidate must be able to work in a professional environment with limited direct supervision.
Takes personal ownership of career development
* Methodical approach to solving problems
* Must value trust, superior performance and commitment to success
Work Location: Atlanta or Birmingham
With 4.4 million customers and more than 42,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-based Southern Company<http://www.southerncompany.com/> (NYSE: SO<http://investor.southerncompany.com/stockquote.cfm>) is the premier energy company serving the Southeast. A leading U.S. producer of electricity, Southern Company owns Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power, SouthernLINC Wireless and Southern Telecom. Southern Company also has a growing competitive generation company. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices below the national average. Southern Company is consistently listed among the top U.S. electric service providers in customer satisfaction by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
We offer a competitive compensation package. Equal Opportunity Employer.
For all interested candidates, please apply on-line athttp://Careers.SouthernCompany.com . The requisition number is SCS2001979 - Systems Analyst I- GIS Analyst.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel to contact Renee Smith at 404-506-4061.
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Southern Company Services
Email:[log in to unmask]
Visit us at:http://Careers.SouthernCompany.com